Don’t have the right words? Here’s What Will Help You

Today is the time to give flowers and kind words.

Ever get into a situation where you wish you had the right words? But they don’t seem to arrive, do they?

What are some important words?

* Is there a way I could help?
* Please forgive me when you can.
* I was wrong about ____.
* Thank you for ____.
* You’re right about ____.
* You’re important to me.
* I love you.

Many of us become afraid about not having the right words.

I’m suggesting that you have some words with an appropriate tone. Your tone of voice will do a lot of the communicating for you. So don’t let email try to convey the message. When it’s important, at least leave a voicemail so that your friend or loved one can hear your tone of voice.

By the way, realize this:

Doing something is better than zero.

I wrote my father a brief greeting card.

Dad,
Happy today.
Thanks for holding me to high standards.
It has made my life better.

Love,

So write a few words and send that to a loved one.

I’m going to model what I’m talking about and make this the shortest blog article I have written all year.

Good journey,

P.S. I wrote the above article, before I heard that my mother is in the hospital — so it reminds me that today is the day to share love, be kind, reach for your dreams and feel grateful for every blessing. [update: she is stable.]

P.P.S.  If you’re in a crisis, please consider:

Posted in Double Your Sales, How to Be Trusted, Your Guide to Money and Abundance Tagged with: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
26 comments on “Don’t have the right words? Here’s What Will Help You
  1. Tom Marcoux says:

Hello yonkers,
    about “I am going to Tweet this post, awesome read!”

2. I am going to Tweet this post, awesome read!

3. Tom Marcoux says:

Weinbauer,
    about “Thanks for this wonderful post.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.”

Thank you.
    many happy moments,

4. Thanks for this wonderful post.Admiring the time and effort you put into your blog and detailed information you offer.

5. Tom Marcoux says:

Hg,
    about “Geez, does this sound delightful! I’m anxious to try it.”

I’m glad to hear that.
    Thank you.

6. Geez, does this sound delightful! I’m anxious to try it.

7. Tom Marcoux says:

Hello Nome,
    about “Great information! I’ve been looking for something like this for a while now. Thanks!”

8. Tom Marcoux says:

Daniel,
    First, thank you for your kind words related to my mother.
    After a week, she is now at home with new medication.
    I was at her hospital bedside for hours over the days. My father was with her 24/7.
    I’m so grateful for the blessings.

about “So often do I find time to remember that I don’t have time to tell the ones I love how I feel. It’s the most common excuse I give myself and it’s completely wrong. What you said is so true. It’s the fear of not knowing what to say or saying the wrong thing. I tend to want to make things perfect the very first time or not at all. As was said above using simple words is better then nothing. It’s the thought that counts and they will know.”

Good point.
    If we do not give a card or a phone call, our loved ones will not know that we care.
    So yes, just a few words is truly helpful.

many happy moments,

9. Daniel says:

Tom,

Your mother and family has been in my prayers since I heard what happened. I pray for her quick recovery.

Take care and talk to you soon.
    – Daniel

10. Great information! I’ve been looking for something like this for a while now. Thanks!

11. Tom Marcoux says:

Hello Dita,
    about “The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom.”

I hear you.
    I feel that we must pay attention and listen.
    There’s a phrase: “Listen with your heart.”

This reminds me of the quote:

“Make no judgments where you have no compassion.” — Anne McCaffrey

good journey,

12. DitafucsReto says:

13. Tom Marcoux says:

Judita,
    First, thanks for your kind words related to my mother.
    Yes – we’re all glad that she is stable.

About “Using simple words as you said is better than
    nothing.”

We can all help someone feel better by expressing kind, simple words
    of appreciation or understanding.

many happy moments,

14. Tom Marcoux says:

Dan,
    I hear you about losing loved ones.
    It reminds me to cherish every moment.
    Thanks for your message.
    good energy to you,

15. Tom Marcoux says:

Sarah,
    Thank you for your kind words.
    blessings to you and loved ones,

16. Tom Marcoux says:

Katie,
    Thank you.
    many blessings to you,

17. Tom Marcoux says:

Chris,
    Thank you!
    My mother is stable and I’m seeing her for hours each day.
    Thank you for your kindness.
    a great day to you,

18. Tom Marcoux says:

Kevin,
    Thanks so much.
    I hear you about being careful about avoiding the repitition of a mistake.
    many blessings,

19. Kevin Yang says:

Hi Tom,

It’s been awhile, sorry to hear about what’s going on with you, but glad that your mom is stable right now. Hopefully things will get better from here on out.

This blog made me realize how simple an action can be to have it mean so much. Reminds me of the time back in middle school (in Singapore) when I was having my final exams and my dad called (in Taiwan) telling me that my grand father passed away. I didn’t know what to say or do, instead I told him that I couldn’t go back because I was in the middle of my finals. After that, I realized the mistake I have made but never had the chance to correct it.

This reminded me of that day and reminded me not to make the same mistake again.

Best regards,
    Kevin

20. Chris Loe says:

Tom,

So sorry life is throwing curveballs.

I’m returning the positive thoughts you sent me earlier. =) You need them more than I do now, and I hope things look up soon.

-Chris

21. Katie says:

Those are some words my best friend’s family should be trying to remember right about now.

I’m glad your mom is stable and I wish her a speedy recovery.

22. Tom,

I totally agree that sometimes it is hard to say in words or find the right words
    to express yourself. However, I learned that a lot of times if you listen and you let that
    person know that you are there for him/her and that you are thinking about them that
    is enought to make that peron feel better. Using simple words as you said is better than
    nothing.

P.S. I am glad that your mother is feeling better. :)

23. Sarah says:

Hi Tom, you are such a strong person full of wisdom and insight. I am sending all of my positive energy to you and your mom. I know the frenzy of what its like to have your mom in the hospital.

I agree with Hilory very much. I realized that it wasnt what I was doing so much as who I was surrounded by, that mattered. Friends and family mean just as much as passion and goals, if not more, because who will be there to help you reach those goals if not them?

Energy and blessings to you and your mom, come what may.

24. Dan Wilson says:

Tom, glad to hear that she’s stabilized. I’ve lost several family members over the last ten years, and have become very aware of the need to express oneself NOW and not wait until “some day.”

25. Tom Marcoux says:

Hilory,
    Thanks so much.
    So kind of you :)
    many blessings,

26. Hilory says:

Hi Tom,

I’m so glad to hear that your mother is stable-please keep us updated on her condition.

As you allude to in your post, at the end of the day, relationships should be our first priority in life. Interestingly, I had a conversation today with a friend who is going through a difficult time. He was ashamed about his situation – feeling that he would be judged. I didn’t have the perfect words, but I told him that true friends don’t judge, and that I was there for him in whatever fashion he needed. It wasn’t a long conversation, but he thanked me for supporting him.

What he needed was support not a perfectly crafted email…As always, your posts resonate with me…

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Get FREE Ebook “Make Your Impossible Dreams Come True” (232 pages), when you subscribe to “Success Secrets” enewsletter – Thank you!

Join our mailing list

Complete the form below to subscribe to our email newsletter.

Free Stuff

Your Advantage:
    Get a Free Special Report "9 Deadly Mistakes to Avoid for Your Next Speech"
    and learn the secrets Tom Marcoux, America's Communication Coach provides for CEOs, Business Owners, and Graduate Students Click for Your Free Report

"I just read this report: Great! Concise, gets to the point, a semester "Public Speaking/Debating" in 13 pages. I enjoyed that! Thank you!" - Dulcinea del Tabuso, audio engineer

Tom’s Book “Darkest Secrets of Persuasion and Seduction Masters: How to Protect Yourself” goes to #1 on Amazon.com

Get your copy today and become stronger and protect yourself.

Create Your Best Life – New book – In this video Tom shares a Secret about Persuasion, Charisma and Confidence

Get your copy today and become persuasive and change the world!

Want Success Faster? Get Tom’s Books

Available at Amazon.com (click on book's image)
    New!

Now You See Me
    Make a Great First Impression and Use the Secrects of Power Networking

New!

Yes! Secrets for Your Best Life
    Law of Attraction plus Hidden Power Increases Your Success and Happiness

New!

Power Time Management
    More Time, Less Stress, and Zero Procrastination (Your Breakthrough for More Success, Happiness and Time Off)

New!

Reduce Clutter, Enlarge Your Life
    How to Free Yourself from Physical and Mental Clutter and Make Space for More Success, Love and Fulfillment

Create Your Best Life
    Unleash Your Charisma and Confidence to Change the World

Be Heard and Be Trusted, 3rd Edition

How You Can Use SECRETS of the Greatest Communicators to Get What You Want!

Darkest Secrets of Persuasion and Seduction Masters
    How to Protect Yourself and Turn the Power to Good

Darkest Secrets of Negotiation Masters:

How to Protect Yourself, Overcome Intimidation, Get Stronger, and Turn the Power to Good