June 11th, 2013
Would you like to know a secret to bring joy and fulfillment to your life? We’ll use the A.I.M. process:
A – announce
I – imagine connection
M – magnify your positive story
How much of our life do we personally affect? Let’s look at it this way. What do you say when someone asks, “How is it going?”
Some people say, “Same old, same old.” How sad.
I often ask, “What are you looking forward to?”
Some people get stumped by the question.
When someone asks, “How are you doing?” you can reply, “I have a lot to be grateful for.”
In essence, that’s announcing that you do have good things in your life. It’s not always easy to identify what is positive in your life. At one point, I had severe digestive tract problems. The pain was intense. Still, I said, “I have a lot to be grateful for.” And it was true. My head, arms and legs were all fine and pain-free. My loved ones were doing fine. And I had meaningful work serving graduate students, audiences and readers. A lot to be grateful for.
And gratitude is attractive. It’s attractive person to person. And it’s even attractive of new opportunities.
2. Imagine connection
Imagine that you’re connected with all that is good in the universe. For example, many of us might say, “I’m looking for love.”
Imagine a shift to “I am love.”
“Love is the real work of your life.” — Robert Holden
“The decision to be the presence of love is the most powerful influence you can have in any situation in your life and in this world.” — Robert Holden
Imagine that whatever you’re doing it is a possibility to express love and kindness.
How many times have you gone into a store and a clerk was kind and helpful? Didn’t that brighten your day?
For me, it was a big shift when I connected to the idea of love being the overarching umbrella. I’ve held many jobs: selling cookware, selling pants, acting as a short order cook, or administrative assistant to a bank vice-president and his team of four managers (a nearly impossible job).
In each job, I found ways to be helpful and pleasant.
Work is love made visible. – Kahlil Gibran
I now enjoy various other opportunities (author, graduate school instructor, speaker, feature film producer, graphic novel creator/team leader) and I’m convinced that my helpful efforts attracted new possibilities. I have, for years, consistently demonstrated kindness, trustworthiness and competence.
Now it’s your turn. Where can you turn up the power on your demonstrating kindness, trustworthiness and competence?
3. Magnify your positive story
Recently, a friend “Sarah” and her father went on a camping trip. Sarah said, “So we get to the camp ground and it starts raining!”
Another friend, “Maria”, said, “So it was a lousy day. It took us three hours to get to Santa Cruz! Then we couldn’t find parking anywhere near the beach and boardwalk.”
Just imagine that there is a positive story somewhere in those two accounts. I’ll share with you one thing. Neither friend was chained to a computer terminal all day!
My point is that many of us find that we automatically complain about situations. Before you reflexively let the complaints flow out of your mouth, prepare something positive to add.
Here are examples:
* “So we get to the camp ground and it starts raining! And once we get the tent up, I shoot a video of my Dad. And he was really funny. I think this is going to be a good memory.”
* “It took us 3 hours to get to Santa Cruz! Then we couldn’t find parking anywhere near the beach and boardwalk. So spontaneously, we stopped in this hole-in-the-wall restaurant. Wow! The burrito was excellent. The guacamole sauce was delicious.”
Why is it important to add a positive comment? Because the story you tell dictates your own experience of your life. Tell downer stories and you experience life as sad and barren.
Find positive elements of your daily life, and you live a life of hope and blessings.
Be sure to seek and magnify your positive story.
A number of spiritual paths suggest that we co-create our experience of life.
Be a good-finder.
And then you’ll find that you’re living with more happy moments each day . . . and that’s a refreshing secret of life.
author of Nothing Can Stop You This Year:
How to Unleash Your Hidden Power to Persuade Well, Get More Done, Gain Sudden Profits, Command Intuition and Feel Great – free chapter at http://bit.ly/8zQywm
author of 19 books (with free chapters on Amazon.com )
“Emotional Strength and Make Dreams Come True” Coach
P.S. Make 2013 your Best Year Ever and give friends and yourself a huge dose of inspiration with Tom Marcoux’s books:
Books to help you strengthen yourself:
a) New! Darkest Secrets of Charisma: Overcome the Lies about Personal Magnetism, Get People to Feel Your Charisma and Influence Others with Your Words(free chapter when you CLICK HERE)
b) Wake Up Your Spirit to Prosperity: How You Can Create an Abundant Life with Your Mate (* free chapter* when you CLICK HERE )
1) New! Your Secret Charisma: How to Repair Your Business and Personal Relationships
2) Be Heard and Be Trusted: How You Can Use Secrets of the Greatest Communicators to Get What You Want, 3rd edition – free chapter at http://bit.ly/8H0rOO
3) Darkest Secrets of Small Business Marketing: Stop Procrastinating, Attract Customers and Jumpstart Your Big Profits
4) Darkest Secrets of Business Communication: How to Protect Yourself and Command Your Personal Brand to Save Time, Reduce Stress and Make More Money
5) Darkest Secrets of Making a Pitch for Film and Television: How You Can Get a Studio Executive, Producer, Name Actor or Private Investor to Say “Yes” to Your Project
6) Darkest Secrets of Film Directing: How Successful Film Directors Overcome Hidden Traps
7) Darkest Secrets of Persuasion and Seduction Masters: How to Protect Yourself and Turn the Power to Good
8) Darkest Secrets of Negotiation Masters: How to Protect Yourself, Overcome Intimidation, Get Stronger, and Turn the Power to Good
9) Darkest Secrets of Spiritual Seduction Masters: How to Protect Yourself, Boost Your Psychological Immune System and Strengthen Your Spirit
10) Darkest Secrets of the Film and Television Industry Every Actor Should Know: A Film Director and Actor Reveals Secrets for Your Acting, Auditions, Movie Roles and Self-Promotion
Free chapters of the above books at Amazon.com
* * * * * * *
Nothing Can Stop You This Year: How to Unleash Your Hidden Power to Persuade Well, Get More Done, Gain Sudden Profits, Command Intuition and Feel Great – free chapter at http://bit.ly/8zQywm
Do you really want to connect with someone important? (a friend, a loved one, a job interviewer, a supervisor). See a free chapter:
Be Heard and Be Trusted:
How You Can Use Secrets of the Greatest Communicators to Get What You Want, 3rd edition – free chapter at http://bit.ly/8H0rOO
P.P.S. Get a Free Special Report “9 Deadly Mistakes to Avoid . . . and 9 Surefire Solutions for Your Next Speech”
and learn the secrets Tom Marcoux, America’s Communication Coach, provides for CEOs, Business Owners, and Graduate Students Click for Your Free Report
America’s Communication Coach
Truth No One Will Tell You: How to Feed Your Soul, Save a Business, or Get a Job During an Economic Crisis — free chapter at http://bit.ly/8RTRk5
** Photo with this article by Johanna E. Mac Leod **